Friday, November 30, 2007

After watching "Tuesday with morrie"

While watching the movie, “Tuesday with Morrie”, it made me think hard about life. At the beginning of the movie, Morrie went to the dance club despite his old age and asked DJ to turn on tango music regardless of how people thought about him. Once in a while I think of whether we care too much about others’ looks toward us and whether or not it makes us be afraid of doing something. For instance, when I was in school, I didn’t like standing and saying something in front of many people, such as presentation because once I started presentation, my head was full of thought that how people would think about me, and I couldn’t do it well. So I’ve decided not to care too much about others and tried to do my best, not affected by people’s looks when I stand in front of them. As the movie plays, and Morrie’s disease get worse and worse, the theme went to death. Everybody think of death and nobody want to die for sure. Thought on death and the way to accept death make a big difference in people’s feelings. In the movie although Morrie knew that he had little time to live, he said “I’m a lucky guy because I still have time to be ready to die.” So knowing to die soon didn’t bother him much. Not wanting to admit death, many people go through a hard time before their death. I think since Morie accept his death he can die simply and peacefully. During the movie, I mostly agreed with what Morrie said, but when he mentioned about dependency, my opinion was different. He said “there’s nothing to be ashamed when I depend on others”, but in my viewpoint, people should be independent unless they have problems mentally or physically. Today’s society is very competitive. So you should have something special to survive in competition world. But if you’ve been dependent on others, it’ll make you hard to develop your own skill. Another point that I want to add here as regard life is satisfaction. As our society has been developed, our desire has also increased, and it hasn’t allowed us to be satisfied with what we have and rather has required us to get more and more. As a result, we can’t be happy in our life. Maybe everyone knows this, and many people try to be satisfied as it is. I’ve also tried it but found it difficult due to my greed. Finally I’ve concluded to be satisfied from time to time. We can’t be happy about what we’re doing all the time, but when we’re doing something to achieve our goal, think the way that we’ve walked and be satisfied with it just for a little while. I'm sure it'll make you happy

No comments: